A+ Sports Therapy – Patient Information
Professional Therapy Treatments are available from an excellent private clinic located in Manchester City Centre.
Sports Therapy professionals evaluate and treat abnormal physical function related to injury, disability, condition or disease and a graduate Sports Therapist is trained in diagnosing physical conditions/disorders, restoring physical function and mobility, maintaining physical function and promoting physical activity and health.
Sports Therapists work within sport, but can help people of all ages with a wide range of conditions and throughout all phases of healing, from initial diagnosis through to the restorative and even the preventive stages of recovery.
At “A+ Sports Therapy” a patient can expect to:
- Undertake a full physical examination/evaluation, including a health history and certain testing procedures, which include evaluation of posture, movement, flexibility and of muscle/joint motion and performance.
- Receive a clinical diagnosis, prognosis, plan of care with short/long term goals.
- Receive a “Sports Therapy” treatment and intervention based on the therapist’s evaluation and diagnosis.
- Receive self-management recommendations such as self treatments and exercises that they can do at home to help them heal faster or function more effectively.
Benefits of Sports Therapy
Depending on the reason for treatment the benefits of Sports Therapy can include:
- Assisting in the Removal of Exercise Waste Products (Lactic Acid)
- Avoiding Surgery
- Decreasing Muscle Tension
- Decreasing Neurological Excitability (relaxing the Nerves)
- Decreasing the chance of Injury
- Decreasing the onset of Muscle Spasms
- Decreasing the recovery time between training sessions
- Falls Prevention
- Improved Balance
- Improved Mobility & Movement
- Improved Sports Performance
- Increased Blood Flow
- Increased Flexibility
- Increased Joint Range of Motion (ROM)
- Pain Management
- Recovery from Injury or Trauma
- + More
Common Conditions Treated
Sports Therapists can treat a wide variety of problems, conditions that can benefit:
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Syndrome
- Elbow Conditions (including Golfer’s & Tennis)
- Foot Conditions
- Forward Head Posture (Dowagers Hump)
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Conditions
- Industrial & Work-Related Injuries
- Joint Conditions (Including Pain & Stiffness)
- Knee Conditions
- Limitations in Joint Range of Motion (ROM)
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
- Muscle Adhesions & Pain
- Muscle Strains & Tightness
- Neck Conditions
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- RSI: Repetitive Strain Injury
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Sciatic Pain
- Shoulder Conditions (including Frozen Shoulder)
- Sports Injuries
- Sprains & Strains
- + More